Candidate and student profile
Candidates and students on Elite Security Network share a profile and dashboard experience. A candidate is an individual with expertise in the domains of cybersecurity and/or data privacy who is actively seeking to use that expertise in the workforce. A student is an individual who is beginning their education in these same domains, using the network to research school programs or find internships. Student profiles become expert profiles once the student has entered the workforce and update their profile type from "student" to "candidate". Because of the shared profile experience, any data submitted as a "student" will persist once the profile type is changed to "candidate".
- You create and maintain your profile for free. Maintaining up to 5 virtual resumes at any time is also free of charge.
- Hiring organizations (customers and service providers) use Job Candidate Search to post jobs and internships that you may then view and apply to from your dashboard. These functions are called Job Finder and Internship Finder in your dashboard.
- Hiring organizations may find you directly if you choose to post a virtual resume, which allows them to easily search on key attributes and skills and view resumes that most closely match their query. If they like your virtual resume, they may contact you directly.
- These connection functions become available to you once you've created your profile and signed in to your dashboard (Elite's signed-in experience).
- If you are a student, you may use School Finder to browse on schools that offer cybersecurity and data privacy curriculum that most closely align with your educational goals - drilling into data points such as top programs, average tuition, and non-tuition based fees on a per-school basis.
- Virtual resumes allow you to broadcast your skill inventory to potential employers and allow them to more effectively find you.
- Skills and attributes highlighted in your virtual resume can be easily sorted by hiring organizations looking for a candidate like you.
- If your skills match those input by a hiring organization while browsing our network's virtual resumes, your resume is presented to them as a top match.
- Virtual resumes allow you to post videos, link to your other social media profiles or job site profiles, and add other items that help differentiate you from other candidates.
- Hiring organizations post their jobs and internship listings on our candidate and student boards.
- You may browse jobs and internships and apply to those which you feel are a good fit.
- Utilize a "one-click" application pass through where your virtual resume data is submitted to the hiring organization.
We value your privacy and your ability to control your personal data. Required fields are marked with a red asterisk and must be submitted to create your account. Although we recommend you fill in all data fields, this isn’t required to set up an account. Simply creating a virtual resume from the "jobs" tab on the menu will automatically create your account. You can choose to share or not share groupings of data that we collect from you by using your profile's sharing settings. You can change these settings and update your profile data at any time. You also can request that Elite remove your profile from its database at any time. You will receive an email providing you access to your secure dashboard for the Elite Network, which you can access from the "Login" option on the main menu bar. You perform all network activities while logged in to your dashboard.