Last updated – 6/30/2018
Who we are
Elite Security Network values your privacy. At www.elitesecuritynet.com (the "Site") we collect profile information from different network participants to connect them for various job, project, and managed service opportunities. We are a closed platform, meaning that only other participants on the network will be able to see data that you submit while on the Site.
Personal data we collect and why we collect it
We may collect information about you directly through form input and third parties. We may also collect information about you automatically through your use of our Site and Services.
Information we collect directly from you.
When you submit a connection profile on our network, we collect and require certain personal data to create your account. Without this data, we are unable to connect you with other network participants. This includes:
- Primary email
- Phone number
Connection Profiles also allow network participants to highlight skills and attributes that make them standout from other network participants. These items are optional and include:
- Web page
- Social network profiles
- Technical Skills, non-technical skills, business and enterprise skills, cybersecurity skills, privacy skills
- Personal attributes
Company-based connection profiles for customer organizations, service provider agencies, partner firms, and academic organizations generally submit data related to their primary and secondary service offerings, industry specialization, size/sector, and more detailed service-oriented data related to how their services relate to potential connections with other network participants. Each company-based connection profile requires an individual steward or admin (the "Admin"). The following personal data is collected for each company Admin:
- Primary email
- Phone number
As a connection platform, the more data a participant shares with us, the more targeted the Service. Most data collected from individuals on the network (students, experts) is not required to create account, and as such are marked as optional in data collection forms. Profiles can be deleted from our database at any time by submitting a support request.
Information We Collect Automatically.
As you navigate through and interact with our Site, we may use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain information about your device, browsing actions, and patterns, including:
- Cookies, web beacons, and other technologies that allow us to track website visitors, enable better sign-in experiences, and store information about your preferences.
- Your domain name.
- Your browser type and operating system.
- Your IP address.
- The referring URL if you've clicked on a link to our Site from another website.
- How long you stay on our Site.
- Your use of our Services.
How we use your information.
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any personal information for the following purposes:
- To present our Site and its contents to you.
- To provide you with information, products, or services that you request from us.
- To connect you with agencies for the purposes of fulfilling an Agency Finder request.
- To connect you with candidates for the purposes of fulfilling an Expert Finder request.
- To connect you with hiring organizations who have posted job listings on our job board.
- To connect you with hiring organizations who have identified you as a potential candidate based on your virtual resume.
- To update you on the status of your open connection request(s).
- To facilitate feedback submissions and collaboration features on the Site.
- To fulfill support requests.
- To authenticate you for our signed-in experience (participant dashboards).
- To fulfill any other purpose for which you provide explicit consent to use your information.
- For marketing and promotional purposes where you have opted-in to receiving information about our products and services, or those products and services of our partners.
- To better understand how participants on our Site use our Services, connect, engage, and collaborate.
- To improve our Site and Services.
- To analyze usage trends and adjust network bandwidth to support the growth of our Site and Services.
Blind connection process.
Playing matchmaker for sensitive subjects such as cybersecurity and data privacy requires that we perform our processes with discretion and due diligence. In certain core connection functions, the data we collect from our network's participants, particularly certain personal data and identifying company data (company name, company website, company location, primary contact first and last name), is redacted when presented to other network participants. We do this to protect the confidentiality of sensitive data submitted in requests (such as pricing details from service providers and work request information from customer organizations), the submitters, and the recipients. In business-to-business scenarios, contact details are provided to a reduced group of those that see the redacted profile information, but only after a customer organization has narrowed down the service provider profiles received in their connection request to their finalist agencies who could potentially fulfill their service. In staffing scenarios, we obfuscate certain details from virtual resumes, only presenting full contact details when a customer requests to "contact" the individual to which that virtual resume and data belong.
- Regardless of Service option (Post or Match), Agency Finder connections requests remove all personal information and company identifying information when request details from customer organizations are presented to potential service provider agencies who may perform their project or managed service.
- Identifying Information from both customer organization and service provider (any information that would allow either party to be identified by way of a simple web search) is redacted, while core skill data, service offering information, anonymized feedback data, anonymized pricing data, and other non-identifying information is presented with a unique identifier that allows us to tie participants' full profile back to their "redacted" profile.
- Contact details are provided to a requesting organization based on their service package, subscription, or offer type.
- Agency Finder "Post" example – A customer organization is looking for 8 qualified bidders on their Request for Proposals (RFP) submission and can select 4 finalists agencies. Only those four "finalists" will receive the name of the submitting customer organization company and the personal information of its primary contact. Post requests and service offers range from two finalist agencies selected to six.
- Agency Finder "Match" example – A customer organization wants to view the top 15 service provider profiles that match their project or managed service request and receive 15 profiles from our network. Contact information and other identifying details for both companies is revealed to both sides of the connection request. Match requests all have 3 finalist service provider agencies that are selected by the submitting customer organization.
- Unlike Agency Finder requests, Expert Finder only redacts personal information from virtual resumes of experts that would allow a hiring organization to find them and contact them outside of our Site.
- Each virtual resume shows the first name of an expert, but only includes other personal information (such as last name, email addresses, social media profile, phone number) if the hiring organization specifically requests to contact the expert. The number of experts that may be contacted by a hiring organization varies by their service offering, package, or subscription.
Our Site requires that participants submit feedback on their experiences for our Services used for business-to-business connections. Captured feedback data is anonymized when initially presented to connected parties in the "suggested pairings" phase (where a customer organization receives all suggested service provider profiles from our Site for a connection request). Feedback data becomes associated with a known entity only when the criteria described in the Blind Connection Process section above is met (only presented as identifying if finalist service providers have been selected).
For staffing scenarios and Services, hiring organizations may provide optional feedback for a hired expert after 1 year performing a job. Experts are also rated after they perform a business-to-business engagement as part of a service provider agency. For either feedback submission type, experts on the network have a sharing preference which can disable the presentation of any of their personal feedback to individuals or entities on the network.
How we share your information
Sharing your information with network participants.
As a connection and matchmaking network, we share your data with companies and individuals on the network for connection requests that you initiate through your participant portal. Connection requests for Agency Finder and Expert Finder initiate sharing of your information due to the nature of the request - one specifically defined by connecting two parties who need to contact each other to perform a given work function.
Sharing your information with vendors and partners.
We utilize vendor resources for certain functions, such as marketing, operations, and support. We may disclose the information we collect from you to third party vendors, service providers, contractors or agents who perform functions on our behalf, and those who assist us in maintaining our network.
De-identification and aggregation of information when sharing.
For certain marketing, advertising, research or similar purposes, we may share de-identified or aggregated information from our networks participants.
How we secure your information
Participants should take care to protect against unauthorized access to passwords and devices used to engage on our Site and submit requests for our Services. We are not responsible for lost, stolen, or compromised passwords or for any activity on your account when your password is compromised.
Children under 13.
GDPR and geography specific privacy regulation.
Our Site and Services are intended for commercial purposes in the United States of America, yet they may be discovered and registered for from countries outside of the United States. We do not provide services in countries outside of the U.S.A.
Although we provide participants ample choices related to what data we collect, use, and process on their behalf, not all geographically-unique privacy regulations may be honored. Participants using our closed platform who are EU citizens should understand that we will provide reasonable assurances to comply with requests from an EU data protection authority on a GDPR data access request but may be required to remove the data subject's access to our network in the event we cannot comply.